Executive Assistant Working for a Western Manager
A down-to-earth training session with numerous role plays to gain as much insight as possible into the various tasks of an Executive Assistant in western companies. This training will help to better understand the mentality and work habits of a Western manager and anticipate his needs by taking initiatives.
The training will be adapted to the needs of both Western manager and Executive Assistant by :
- a questionnaire destinated to the assistant and to their manager sent before the training in order to work on the weak points
- an interview by phone with the manager before the training
- an individual follow-up by phone a month after the training to evaluate the outcomes
At the end of the training, the participants will get a Diploma certified by French Chamber of Commerce in China, delivered by a representaticve from French and German Chambers of Commerce in south China.
OBJECTIVES and CONTENTS
Objective 1 : Enhance on better communication with my Western Manager
To gain a better understanding of western management practices and cultural specificities ; professional relationships, communication, planning, reporting, confidentiality, transparency, etc.
Objective 2 : To better organise and manage my Executive Assistant tasks:
You represent the company
Welcoming, orienting, giving information to expected and unexpected visitors
Welcoming by phone – Taking simple notes – Giving messages
Preparing phone calls
Different ways to shorten words, when to take notes and being able to re-read them.
Communication feed back and meeting reports redaction
Time management : secretary’s time layout – check lists
Dead-lines and reporting
5.Mails, letters and internal documents
Presentation, lay-out, advises concerning redaction of different kind of documents (letters, memo, minutes of meeting…)
Golden rules of how to file
The course materials during the training are Power Point presentation on each tasks enriched with case studies and role-plays. Each participant will get a post-training workbook in order to follow the techniques and tips to adopt on a daily basis.
Françoise BETIL studied Office Administration and Business at Trudaine Center (School of Paris Chamber of Commerce) and Marketing.
Françoise has worked for 20 years as an Executive Assistant and then as a Commercial Assistant in different fields. She started at Paris Chamber of Commerce and then joined a real estate company before entering a medical equipment industry. She also set up Administration and Sales departments of japanese and german corporates based in France.
Her rich experience, in working for several managers in diverse fields, enables her to become an ideal and efficient trainer for Chinese staff working for western managers. In the last three years, she trained 35 Executive Assistants for CCIFC Guangzhou.
2/F, N°64, Shamian Dajie, Guangzhou 510130 – PRC
Tel: 020 8186 3200
Date/Time: Wednesday 9th and Thursday 10th June 2010 from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm Language: English Fees*: CCIFC Member: 2500 RMB/pers (2 days training)
Non Member: 3000 RMB/pers (2 days training)
* Price including material, breakfasts and lunches
to Marie by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax: 020 8121 6228
I will join the 2-day training on “Executive Assistant Working for a Western Manager ” in Guangzhou on June 9 and 10.
Position within the company:
Name of your manager:
Please provide full information of your company to issue official invoice:
Company (official title in chinese):
Invoicing contact person:
Invoicing address in Chinese:
Invoicing address in English:
Signature and company chop:
CCIFC TRAINING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1) Each registration needs to be confirmed by sending back this reply-coupon to the CCIFC by mail. 2) The training fees have to be paid:- by cash in RMB the same day of the training or by bank transfer in RMB. In this case, your company has to provide to the CCIFC with the invoice details 3) After receiving the payment, the CCIFC will send official invoice (FAPIO) within 10 days. 4) A written confirmation will be sent to the person in charge of the case and at the same time the participant will receive notice to attend the training course(s) a few days before the beginning of the training session. 5) Cancellation: – Cancellation requests must be confirmed by mail.- Cancellation will be accepted with no charge if the CCIFC receives notice by email 5 working days before the 1st day of training session Any cancellation after the deadline or absence from the training course will be charged full price. with no free access to another training session.