The Snake Pit: New Committee Elections 2010/2011
- Ballots will be available at the bar from July 1st until August 7th.
- Only ballots chopped with the Official Snake Pit Chop are valid.
- Each member is allowed one ballot and must sign in person to receive the ballot.
- Ballots must not leave the Snake Pit.
- Voting is anonymous, though members may voluntarily choose to sign their ballots.
- The persons receiving the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th and 7th highest number of votes are elected as Full Committee Members.
- Next 3 persons receiving the 8th, 9th, and 10th highest number of votes, are elected as Alternate Committee Members.
- Up to a maximum of 7 votes per ballot are allowed. Any ballot exceeding 7 votes will be disqualified.
- No write-in nominations on the ballot will be accepted.
- Ballot counting will begin at 14:00 on Sunday, August 8th and close on completion.
- Volunteers will be recruited to count the ballots.
- Results of the election will be announced the afternoon of Sunday, August 8th, 2010 followed by a BBQ.
2010/2011 Committee Nominee Bio’s
Alec Hart has been in and out of China for the last11 years, in both Tianjin and Shenzhen, and lives in Shekou. He works in the Electronics Manufacturing service industries in a Senior Management role. Alex is a member of several Chambers of Commerce, is on the Board of a local ShenZhen Foreign Invested Enterprises and understand the China requirements of doing business.
Andrew Vincent first came to Shekou in 1992, and has worked in Shekou off and on since. This is his third assignment in China, arriving November 2008 and works for Husky Energy as the HSE and Logistics Manager. He joined The Pit in 2009.
Andy Church moved to Shenzhen in January 2003 and works for STR Quality, a Quality Assurances firm providing product testing, inspections and factory audits for general consumer merchandise. He has been a member of The Snake Pit since 2006 and served on the 2009/2010 committee as Treasurer.
Bill Kersey came to China in 2002 to work in a management position in the Oilfield Service industry. He is currently part owner and manager of a private company providing services to the Oilfield sector. Bill has been a member of the Snake Pit since 2002 and his membership number is 2551.
Colin Foster has been a member of the Snake Pit since January 2009. He moved to Shenzhen in September 2005 and is currently working as a freelance embedded software consultant and previously was an R&D engineering manager for various telecoms in HK and Shenzhen since 2001.
Dan Pippin has been in and out of China since 1985 and lived in the Shekou area for 8 years. He has always helped with events at the Snake Pit and can often be found playing darts. Dan is presently on the Snake Pit committee.
Dave Prouse has been in the area for nearly 6 years and runs a company here in China. He is chairman of STUBS, the local whisky tasting society.
Ed Hoffman has 25 years of experience in Greater China, lived in Shekou for over six years and joined The Snake Pit in 2003. Ed’s company “CPL” is a toy & gift manufacturer and he has experience in graphic arts, business marketing, website development, and promotion and promotional products. His fluent Mandarin and Cantonese make him a good “go to” guy when you need some assistance. He is active in the Hash House Harriers, Shenzhen Asian Culture Society, Shenzhen Jewish Community and spear headed the Social Committee in 2008 when the Pit needed a boost in activities.
John Strand has worked and lived in Shenzhen/ Shekou since 1997. He currently is the Overseas Marketing Director for Cherub Technology, a musical instrument accessories manufacturer. John has been a Snake Pit member since 1998 and has served on the Committee twice and was the chairman of the 2001 National Day Charity. He entered the current committee term as an alternate and is currently serving as secretary.
Robert Sylvester moved to Shenzhen in April of 2006. He is currently employed as a quality control manager at Ever Through Trading Company, Henderson Manufacturing and FPI Rig, all petroleum equipment companies. Robert has been a member of The Snake Pit since 2006 and was a member of the social committee 2008/2009.
Todd Kleperis moved to Shenzhen in 2006 prior to spending several years living and working in Vietnam and Taiwan. He has 15 years of progressive sales and management experience and currently manages IContain, which provides asset protection solutions. Todd has been a member of The Pit since 2006.