National Holiday Notice and advice
For those Shenzheners who dont know and those Hong Kongers who want to know:
National Holiday in Shenzhen China is from October 1st to october 7th in Shenzhen. My suggestions when travelling are as follows:
1) Tonight and Tomorrow the border crossings will be much busier than usual!
2) Try using Luohu or Futian Kou An rain crossings.
3) Huang Gang bus crossing will be insanely busy with tours to Hong Kong. This will cause massive delays anything up to 2 hours waiting on the China side, and possibly more on the HK side.
4) When catching the train my suggestion is to get a 1st class ticket as this will be much less full and you will be able to get a seat.
5) When returning from HK there is a 24 hours bus that leaves from Wanchai ferry and also another from Mongkok, so never fear, you dont need to pay 2000rmb for a hotel room.