Shenzhen American International School
American International School (SAIS) is the only American international school in Shenzhen authorized and recognized by the Ministry of Education of the PRC and The Department of Education of Guangdong Province as of May 2005.
SAIS provides education services to children of foreign countries including Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan, offering an American curriculum. The basic purpose of SAIS is to provide all students with a high quality, student oriented American education.
SAIS is currently serving students in grades Kindergarten through 8 and will be extended to high-school in the future. We also have pre-school programs for ages 3 and 4.
All textbooks are from the U.S. and the latest preparation and teaching methods are consistently adopted. The academic status and records of our students will be accepted by American schools, and students from SAIS can apply to these schools directly.
All the teachers at SAIS are experienced and have been certified by their university and state in America. Each teacher commits their time and efforts in the development of every individual student, thus creating a loving, respectful bond between student and teacher. Our teachers strive to best prepare our students through a strong and modern curriculum with quality American curriculum and instruction to meet every student’s needs in this ever changing world.
A few of the special features of SAIS:
- All instruction is in English and all instructors in grades K-8 are from the U.S.
- We can satisfy the needs of any student due to our low student to teacher ratio and individual instruction is emphasized and encouraged.
- SAIS puts emphasis on students’ interactive activities, teamwork and performance.
- SAIS provides interesting and useful after school programs and summer/ winter camps.
- We provide practical, specific guidance for parents.
- We can also assist students who wish to transfer to U.S. schools.
Our present campus and Admissions Office is located in Nanshan and is easily accessible from all parts of Shenzhen. Taken over in 2005 and completely renovated for the 2009 school year SAIS Nanshan Campus now instructs students from pre-school age 3 to grade 8 and plans to extend its grades to high-school.
Admissions are accepted at all times as SAIS has a rolling admissions policy. There are no deadlines for applications and all are welcome to visit and apply. Parents and students are welcome to tour our campus at any time during school hours, circumstances permitting.