2011 Football Season is Back!
You will all be delighted to hear we are back training next week!
Venue: Futian Stadium
Futian Stadium Address: 福田体育公园 (Fu Tian Ti Yu Gong Yuan)
Access it by Binhe or Fuqiang lu, there are entrances on both sides.
Date: 14th Feb (and every other Monday after that)
Following our AGM a few weeks ago, we decided the Men’s and Women’s coaches for the 2011 season. We also made a decision on the Men’s and Women’s captain based on a majority vote.
Men’s Coach: Conor Teehan
Ladies Coach: Eric Clarke
Men’s Captain: Ross O’Donoghue
Ladies Captain: Shirley Chaw
Ladies Vice Captain: Amy Smith
Also decided at the AGM was this year’s 2011 season committee:
- Chairperson: Conor Teehan- He will be the official representative of the club and will make final decision about training times, venues, tournaments etc.
o 139 2458 1413
- Secretary: Clodagh Walsh – Responsible for sending out all information weekly and deal with any emails or queries.
o 136 3150 3049
- Treasurer: Mick Colman- Responsible for gathering sponsorship and collect money every week.
o 150 2122-9100
- Treasurer: Alicia Tay- Responsible for gathering sponsorship and collect money every week.
o 138 2365-9760
- Social Officer: Fiona Halliday- Organize and send out information about social events.
o 138 2357 5426
- Social Officer: Wayne Ford- Organize and send out information about social events.
o 136 0254 6208
Provisionally the following tournaments and leagues are happening this year;
1. All China Games be held provisionally in Shanghai around April/May time
2. All Asia Games provisionally to be held South Korea in October.
3. We are also hoping to host the South China Games during the summer
4. HK summer league in HK in May/June.
We have a number of social events coming up which will we announced in the next few weeks.
We are always actively recruiting new players so please bring your friends/colleagues/anyone you know that may be interested.
Also if you’re not already friends with us on Facebook, please add us ‘Shenzhen Celts’.
See you all on Monday- be there at 8.15 so we can make full use of the time we have.