nogogo Recipe of the Week: Pomegranite Granite
This is the second recipe in our weekly recipe series courtesy of nogogo.com. When basking in the summer heat, why not enjoy a combination of nature’s healthiest fruit in granite form? Yum.
Get all the ingredients for this refreshing treat at the bottom of this page.
4-6 Large Pomegranates
1/2 Cup of Pomegranate arils ( Arils are the little red bits of sweetness, the pomegranate seeds )
1 cup of water
1/2 cup of sugar
1 lemon ( optional )
1/2 cup of thick condensed milk
What you will need :
Large mixing bowl
Small sauce pan
Knife or Ice pick
6-8 dessert glasses
1. Slice pomegranates in half and empty the arils into a blender and juice the pomegranates. It should make around 2 cups of pomegranate juice.
2. Place pomegranate juice into a mixing bowl.
3. Turn on the stove!
4. Combine water and sugar in a small saucepan and simmer until sugar is completely dissolved.
5. Pour sugar syrup into the pomegranate juice.
6. Taste and add a squeeze of lemon ( if you like the touch )
7. Mix well so that the sugar and juice don’t separate.
8. Freeze this mixture for 1 hour.
9. Once frozen, chop the icy mixture with a knife or ice pick.
10. Add the 1/2 cup of pomegranate arils to the mixture and divide among 6-8 dessert glasses or freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.
11. Before serving, top the granite with a spill of condensed milk .
12. ENJOY !
For the ingredients to this and other great recipes visit nogogo.com