nogogo Recipe of the Week: Homemade Energy Bars
|HOMEMADE ENERGY BARS|
3/4 cup of butter ( room temperature )
1/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon of Orange OR Lemon Zest
1/2 cup of Flour
Pinch of salt
3 Cups of Muesli
Handful of Raisins
Handful of Cranberries
2 Aluminum trays
1. Preheat Oven to 350 F (180 C ) and grease aluminum tray
2. Beat in together the butter, sugar and mix well. ( if you own an electric mixer, use it ! )
3. Mix in honey, egg and zest
4. Aside in a big bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Little by little, pour in the flour mix into the butter and honey mix and blend in well. Add the muesli, raisins and cranberries and continue mixing.
5. Now, using your hands, mold into a rectangular aluminum or baking pan
6. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
7. Take out of oven and let cool for 10 minutes. Take out of mold and let cool down completely.
8. Slice mixture into desired bar sizes and place in a new greased tray.
9. Bake for 8 minutes, then turn and bake for 8 more minutes until golden and crispy. Take out of oven and let cool down completely.
10. Store in an airtight container and consume within 1 week.
11. Enjoy with your kids!
12. Enjoy in lunch box!
Also, for August 3rd and 4th, buy over 500RMB worth of groceries and receive a free 12-pack of 1.5 liter Spring water!