QSI International School Upcoming Events
Each of our campuses (ECC, Lower Elementary, Main and Fenghua) also publishes weekly newsletters with additional information relevant to their operations and schedules. You can now access them easily on our website. http://qsishekou.org/
- 21, 22 Mar 2012 – Parent Teacher Conferences (Full day of school on Wednesday, March 21 – No School on Thursday and Friday, March 22 and 23)
- 15 March – Coffee with Mr. Page – 9 a.m. – Main Campus – PSG room – 5th floor
- 30 Mar 2012 – End of Term 2 – third term school fees due
Parent/Teacher conferences are coming in just three weeks. The National Parent Teacher Association from the United States of America provides helpful tips for parents who want to make the most of this valuable opportunity to speak to your child’s teacher. I pass these tips along to you in hopes that you have a very productive conference with your child’s teacher.
Before the Conference
- Talk to your child.
- Make a list of questions or concerns to discuss with teachers.
- Prioritize your list. Conferences don’t last long so focus on what is most important.
During the Conference
- Listen carefully as the teacher describes your child’s progress.
- Share things with the teacher that you would like him/her to know about your child.
- Ask questions like: How well does my child get along with others? Is my child working up to his/her ability? Does my child participate in class discussions and activities?
After the Conference
- Talk with your child.
- Start immediately on action plans you and the teacher may have worked out together. Discuss the plan with your child.
- Stay in regular contact with the teacher to discuss the progress of your child. Additional conferences can be scheduled with your child’s
Finally, some good news the main campus will be getting new elevators! The elevator in the main campus building will be replaced this week. The building management is replacing the elevators without charging the school and is greatly appreciated. Unfortunately the work can’t be done in the summer, so we ask patrons to be patient as the elevators are upgraded to safer, modern and more reliable models.