nogogo.com – Fusion Fitness Recipe of the Week: Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta
Total Time: 15 mins
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
1 (1 lb) box penne or 1 (1 lb) box penne rigate , cooked as directed, drained and kept hot
2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
2 garlic cloves , minced
2 tablespoons flour
3/4 cup chicken broth or 3/4 cup beef broth
3/4 cup milk
2 teaspoons parsley flakes
salt and pepper , to taste
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Melt butter and add garlic in a medium sauce pan.
2. Cook over medium for 1 minute.
3. Add flour and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in broth and milk and cook, stirring frequently, until sauce boils and thickens.
5. Add parsley, salt, pepper and cheese.
6. Stir until cheese is melted.
7. Toss hot pasta with sauce and serve immediately.