nogogo.com – Recipe of the Week: Vegetarian Open Faced Sandwich
Nothing beats a vegetarian sandwich for quick, healthy, and tasty meal that is perfect this summer. nogogo.com gives you a great recipe for a vegetarian open faced sandwich that goes great with a side salad or pasta.
Prep Time: 20 Min Cook Time: 5 Min
1) 6 slices sourdough bread, toasted
2) 3 tablespoons pesto sauce
3) 1 small eggplant, sliced
4) 1 small red bell pepper, sliced
5) 1 medium red onion, sliced
6) 2 tomatoes, sliced
7) 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
8) 6 slices mozzarella cheese
9) 4 cloves garlic
10) dried oregano
11) dried basil
12) salt and pepper to taste
1) Preheat the oven broiler.
2) Spread one side of each bread slice with equal amounts pesto sauce. Arrange in a single layer on a baking sheet, pesto side up. Layer each slice with eggplant, red bell pepper, red onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, and cheese. Crush garlic on top of cheese, and season with oregano, basil, salt, and pepper.
3) Broil 5 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is melted and lightly browned.