nogogo.com – Recipe of the Week: Eggplant Parmesan
nogogo.com give you another great recipe that is Eggplant Parmesan. A classic Italian baked casserole with fried eggplant slices layered with Mozzarella, Parmesan, basil, and tomato sauce. This eggplant Parmesan recipe makes a delicious entree served with a salad and garlic bread.
Prep Time: 25 Min Cook Time: 45 Min Ready In: 1 Hr 40 Min
1) 1 eggplant, cut into 3/4 inch slices
2) 1 1/2 tablespoons salt
3) 8 tablespoons olive oil
4) 8 ounces ricotta cheese
5) 6 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
6) 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
7) 1 egg, beaten
8) 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
9) 4 cups pasta sauce
1) Sprinkle both sides of the eggplant slices with salt. Place slices in a colander, and place a dish underneath the colander to capture liquid that will sweat out of the eggplant. Allow to sit for 30 minutes.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Mix in egg and basil.
3) Rinse the eggplant in cold water until all salt is removed. In a large skillet, heat 4 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat. Place one layer of eggplant in the pan, brown each side. Repeat with remaining eggplant slices, using additional oil if necessary.
4) In a 9×13 inch baking dish, evenly spread 1 1/2 cups of spaghetti sauce. Arrange a single layer of eggplant slices on top of the sauce. Top the eggplant with 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Repeat layering process until all the eggplant and cheese mixture is used. Pour remaining sauce on top of layers, and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese.
5) Bake 30 to 45 minutes in the preheated oven, until sauce is bubbly.