nogogo.com – Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin Soup
Original recipe makes 6 servings.
755 g pumpkin peeled, seeded and cubed
2 carrots, coarsely chopped
2 onions, cut into wedges
40 ml vegetable oil
1 large potato, sliced
945 ml water
3 cups chicken broth
235 ml heavy cream
10 g ground nutmeg
2 g ground black pepper
salt to taste
1) Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
2) Place pumpkin, carrots and onions in a baking dish or roasting pan. Drizzle with vegetable oil.
3) Bake in preheated oven 40 minutes, until soft but not blackened.
4) In a large pot over medium heat, bring water and broth to a boil. Cook potato in simmering water until soft, about 20 minutes.
5) Combine potato and water with roasted vegetables and puree in a blender or food processor or using an immersion blender until smooth.
6) Return to pot over low heat, and stir in cream, nutmeg, pepper and salt. Heat gently; serve.