Celebrate Chinese New Year with Kaktooz at Blu Bamboo
Kaktooz is a well respected band in Hong Kong, Philippines and Shenzhen that is famous for playing cover songs within the genre of rock, blues, reggae, pop-rock, folk, 80s and other classic hits aside from originals. Then on Wednesday nights Kaktooz will be hosting a Blues and Jam night at Blu Bamboo.
KAKTOOZ – 10 years of music on the road
Formed in 2001, Kaktooz released its debut album distributed by Ivory Records only after a year of which they had successive concert tours in Luzon supported by Vanguard Radio Network. Kaktooz has proven its effectiveness in the art of music and entertainment through the years. Now, after nearly a decade of performing and entertaining crowds from all over, Kaktooz is as strong as ever with the vision of becoming a prominent act all over the globe. Aside from the Philippines, Kaktooz performed at different venues in the Kingdom of Bahrain, Hong Kong, Singapore, Vietnam, Dubai, Maldives and now China which includes Shenzhen, Yunan, Shang Hai, and Beijing.
The group also recorded and released an all original album in Bahrain in 2006, being the first and only Filipino and foreign band to do so in that part of the Gulf. The album entitled Enigma Days was supported by Budweiser, Ramee, Mediacom and other sponsors.
- KAKTOOZ – self titled debut album under Ivory Records Philippines, 2001
- Loving You – TV Series Official Soundtrack, XAX Music Japan International, 2003
- Enigma Days – album recorded and released in Bahrain produced by Ramee and Budweiser BMMI Bahrain, 2005
- Grand Finalist Bahrain’s Battle of the Bands by Budweiser 2005
- Tiger Beer’s “Tiger Translate 2012 China National Battle of the Bands”
- Champion 1st place – Nanshan District, Shenzhen Preliminaries
- Champion 1st Place – Shenzhen City Finals
- Champion 1st Place – Guangdong Province FInals
- Champion 1st Place – China National Semi Finals Yunan
- Grand Finalist – China National Grand Finals Beijing
Band Members are:
- Dennis Briones (drummer)- Awit Award 2001 Nominee (Philippine version of the Grammy’s); jinglewriter-producer
- Jephthah Wenceslao (guitarist) – Gold Record Awardee with previous band Agaw Agimat; represented the Philippines for the World Finals of the Yamaha Band Competition in Singapore; played guitar for Black Eyed Peas APL for a Philippine Concert Tour
- Patricia “Sopheia” Valdez (vocalist) – sang back-up vocals for Toto in a special concert show in the Philippines way back 2008
To know more about the band visit