Splendid China and China Folk Culture Village Unveils the Largest Lunar New Year Temple Fair in China
This year’s Splendid China Temple Fair features two spectacular parade performances, three New Year- themed carnivals and five new attractions. Highlights include over 100 traditional temple fair arts exhibitions, traditional New Year treats for sampling, fire breathing performances, dragon and lion dances, stilt walking, Beijing opera… and many more examples of China’s intangible cultural heritage!
The Temple Fair will also showcase 26 New Year customs from more than 50 unique Chinese cultures. Visitors can join in traditional Tibetans dances or participate in the Yi tradition of wooing local girls with traditional music – a few lucky participants may even be selected to become an Yi “groom”.
Visitors will experience the breathtaking pageantry of Chinese theater, including the award-winning New Oriental Apparel(新東方霓裳), the Dancing with Dragon and Phoenix(龍鳳舞中華), and Golden Spear Dynasty(金戈王朝) – revues filled with folk dances, traditional Chinese costumes, music and acrobatic performances all featuring an epic journey into China’s New Year traditions.
Every year, endless streams of visitors visit the Spring Festival temple fairs to receive good fortune during the New Year. Splendid China is proud to present the world’s largest bronze Guanyin with one thousand arms and eyes. Visitors are welcome to pray for family, peace and happiness, as the Thousand Hands Guanyin holds thousands of blessings in her hands.
Additionally, Splendid China will feature 5 new attractions this year.
- The Stairway to Dragon (龍騰天下) takes you across time and space to experience China’s five thousand years of culture in a completely new way. The world’s most advanced 3D IMAX DMR Imaging Technology takes you to China’s West Lake, the Great Wall and the Potala Palace in Tibet unlike anything previously on the screen.
- The Ecological Corridors Quest (探秘生態走廊) vividly presents the unique ethnic customs of the Nu, Jingpo, and Pumi people and, for the first time, will show a variety of ecological flora and fauna from the magnificent Sanjiang region of Yunnan.
- Splendid Flower City (錦繡花城) features over one hundred flowers from China’s unique landscape, and is comparable to the grandeur of Britain’s Royal Garden and Europe’s Keukenhof Garden.
- Into Asia’s Heart (走進亞洲之心) brings you close to China’s mysterious deserts, magnificent snow-capped mountains, beautiful grasslands, turquoise lakes, and numerous historical ruins. Using ultra-high-definition 3D and China’s largest indoor instant cylindrical screen, it offers visitors a 360-degree experience in the exotic heart of Asia.
- Last but not least, the Ten Thousand Lanterns Exhibit (萬家燈火) lights up Splendid China’s ancient Chinatown using low carbon LED lighting and is the largest display of lights in Shenzhen