China Vows to Protect Residents and Businesses in North Korea
China have announced that they will be doing their best in safeguarding their legitimate rights and the safety of their citizens and business organizations in North Korea. Hong Lei the foreign ministry spokesperson said so far the Chinese Embassy is still under normal operation.
Staff at embassies in North Korea remains in place last Saturday despite the appeal by authorities in Pyongyang by diplomats to consider leaving because of the tensions caused by exchanges. North Korean authorities told diplomats that they cannot guarantee the safety after Wednesday when a declaration of conflict is deemed inevitable even with the joint US-South Korea military exercises that will end this month.
Some countries sees the appeal as a strident rhetoric since the country threatening to launch a nuclear strike on US soil and declared war against South Korea. The United Nations also said that their humanitarian workers are still active despite the activities across a North Korea.
The Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi is repeatedly calling for dialogues in efforts to resolve the tensions saying that the country opposes provocative words and actions from any party and does not allow trouble making on their doorstep.