City Sees No Rush in Passport Applications and Travel Permits

City Sees No Rush in Passport Applications and Travel PermitsEven with the new policy that allows non hukou residents living in Shenzhen to apply for passports in their city rather than going home to their home town, the city didn’t see a rush in passports application or travel permits to Taiwan.

Residents without hukou can now apply for passports and travel permits at the ten bureaus in six districts and four new areas in addition to Meilin Exit and Entry Service Hall in Futian. To learn on the documents an applicant needs to apply for a passport they can either call or visit the website. The list of required documents is not that complicated and the website is asking the applicant to provide hukou documents, identification cards and records of social insurance payments of more than a year plus residence cards that is valid for more than ten years.

Students applying for passports need to provide school certificates while spouses and children younger than 16 needs to provide certificates showing local residency at least six months or more. Non hukou residents older than 60 can directly apply for passports and travel permits providing only hukou documents and identification cards.

Comments are closed

The Contributor

Follow me on twitter: TriaSasin

    Connect with Jasmin:
  1. - Email: Click here

Have Your Say!

Which part of Shenzhen has the best quality of life for foreigners?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

  1. Etienne Ducrot: Hi, I’m interested to contact this Foundation. Do you know how? Thanks. Etienne
  2. Emma: Hi Jasmin, I’ve read your article about a new medical center opens in Nanshan at the end of this month....
  3. sherry lee: A simple story with great words…I love it.
  4. Evangeline: Awesome piece!
  5. Glenda: Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.