Super Chocolate Brownie recipe
Brownies are interesting treats — one can totally mess up the proportion of ingredients, but they will somehow still work. The variations just result in either a chewy or fudgey brownie, or somewhere in between. But once you over-bake them, they become a dry, inedible mess. Do not exceed 25 minutes of baking in the oven when you follow this rec1pe. The brownies will continue to cook to perfection while cooling.
- 85g plain flour (3/4 cup)
- 30g cocoa-power (2 tbsp)
- 55g salted butter (1/2 cup)
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 225g caster sugar (1 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml vanilla extract (1 tsp)
- 1/4 cup sour cream (Optional)
- Preheat oven to 175°C (350F) and line an 8×8 inches baking pan with buttered parchment baking paper.
- Melt butter, chocolate and sugar together in a large, dry mixing bowl. The simplest way is to warm the mixture in a microwave and stir it at 30 seconds intervals. Alternatively, the traditional melting method calls for the use of a ‘double boiler’. Once melted, leave to cool. You will still see sugar crystals.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla extract (and the optional sour cream).
- Stir in flour and cocoa-power
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for exactly 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and leave to cool in pan for at least 20 minutes before cutting.