Global Mental Health Day at SCCSC / ISNS
On October 9, 2013 Shenzhen (Nanshan) Concord College of Sino Canada and the International School of Nanshan Shenzhen will be running the internationally recognized campaign Global Mental Health Day. As we all have mental health and it’s estimated that 450 million people worldwide suffer from mental illness, the day is about coming together and speaking up. This year’s theme is Stomp the Stigma!
The annual event will include：
• Opening Ceremony 9:10-9:35am featuring performances by SCCSC’s Hip Hop club and ISNS’ Grade 2 class
• Fundraiser 12:00-2:00pm (proceeds will be donated to the One Foundation) including a bake sale, swag sale, and a staff football game:ISNS VS CCSC
• Funducation Fair 5:15-6:00pm including interactive games and booths to increase awareness about mental health.
• Peer Buddies Class on Mental Health 7:00 -7:30 pm
• Relaxation Fair 8:30 – 10 pm including balloon toss, limbo, free hugs, beauty station, massages and dancing to provide students with a night of fun, relaxation and entertainment which is essential to maintaining good mental health!
• Movie : “It’s Kind of a Funny Story” 8:30 – 10 pm a film about a teenager’s experience in a psychiatric hospital
SCCSC & ISNS’ 2012 GMHD was a huge success with a focus on breaking the silence around depression. This year promises to be even bigger and better as awareness has been brought even further along.
At the Personal Development Center of SCCSC, the main organizers of the event, our philosophy is that prevention through awareness will lessen the need for intervention and help maintain good mental health. We believe education is the key to change!