More Chinese Consumers Choose to Shop Online

More Chinese Consumers Choose to Shop OnlineBased on a recent survey conducted more than a hundred thousand respondents who rode taxis showed that more people are turning to online purchases as their first choice in shopping at first tiered cities. Touchmedia, the nation’s leader in media presentations that are used inside taxis reported that around 52 percent of these vehicles used in the survey were in shanghai, while the remaining 48 percent came from Guangzhou, Beijing and Shenzhen.

Two fifths of the Chinese nationals that responded to the survey said that e-commerce websites such as Tmall and Taobao were their top choices for shopping some preferred the business to customer’s sites such as JDMall and branded websites. Only a few foreign residents living in China prefer to shop only as many of them still chose to do their shopping at actual stores as shown by the 24,000 foreigners that were surveyed the three top shopping choices for them were shopping malls, department stores and convenience stores. All of the respondents were given three choices and the results are given equal importance and are group together.

Most of the Chinese respondents said that they pay for their online purchases using bank cards or third party platforms such as Alipay. The figure was ten percent lower among foreign respondents as most of them still use cash in paying followed by in person credit cards. Soon china will be overtaking the US as the largest e-commerce market as the country sees a 32 percent on average annual growth on online shopping expenditure.

Comments are closed

The Contributor

Follow me on twitter: TriaSasin

    Connect with Jasmin:
  1. - Email: Click here

Have Your Say!

Where is your favorite holiday destination in SEA?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

  1. Etienne Ducrot: Hi, I’m interested to contact this Foundation. Do you know how? Thanks. Etienne
  2. Emma: Hi Jasmin, I’ve read your article about a new medical center opens in Nanshan at the end of this month....
  3. sherry lee: A simple story with great words…I love it.
  4. Evangeline: Awesome piece!
  5. Glenda: Hi there, I enjoy reading through your article post. I wanted to write a little comment to support you.